What is a career?
Career is an individual’s journey throughout his/her life or a particular stage of life where they undertake an occupation with opportunities for progress. It can be defined as a course of progress through an individual’s life, learning, and work. It relates to the working aspects of a person.
Now that you understood what career is, let’s have a quick look at educational choices after 12th that are listed below:
- Computer & IT
- Mass communication
- Armed forces
- Vocational courses
- Agricultural science
Now, let’s get in detail with each choice.
Science contains two streams: Medical and Non-Medical. It is a multi-disciplined field with various branches being added with the advancement in technology. One can appear in exams like EAMCET, JEE-Mains & Advanced, NEET, etc. There are various streams in science. Have a look!
- Aqua science
- Biomedical science
- Earth sciences
- Environmental science
- Forensic science
- Food technology & processing
- Forest ranger
- Home science
- Molecular biology
- Plant pathology
- Physical sciences & allied field
Engineering is a multi-disciplined field with various branches being added with the advancement in technology. There are various exams like JEE-Mains, JEE-Advanced, BITSAT, SRMJEE, VITEEE. The various disciplines include:
- Computer science
- Information technology
- Electronics & Communications
- Agricultural Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Earthquake Engineer
- Fire Engineer
- Genetic Engineer
- Industrial & Production Engineer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Marine Engineer
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Material Engineer
- Nuclear Engineer
- Ocean Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Plastic Technologist
- Polymer Engineer
- Rubber Technologist
- Space Technologist
- Textile Engineer
Pros of being an engineer:
- Engineers are always in demand irrespective of the market trends.
- They are well paid.
- As India is an open economy with multinational companies opening their offices here, there is a lot of growth in employment opportunities.
- Indian engineers are always good at math and science. They have a huge demand in foreign countries like the US, UK, etc.
Cons of being an engineer:
- They will have a demanding career and long working hours.
- One might have to stay away from home if the work demands.
- Though all institutes have campus placements, not all engineers get a job.
Medicine is a vast field and is of high demand too. There are various categories in the medical field. They are:
- Medical lab technologist
- Nutritionist/ Dietician
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Veterinary Science
- Yoga teacher
Pros of being a doctor:
- Pleasure and satisfaction in bringing a new life to the world or saving a person’s life.
- Respect among people and in society.
- Good growth in career and attractive perks and high pay.
- The flexibility of starting a new clinic of your own or working in a hospital.
Cons of being a doctor:
- Long and tiring working hours.
- Social life might be affected.
- Must be ready for emergency situations
- Time is money and It might take a lot of [“Time”] to settle and establish when compared to other professions.
- Not many perks received if posted in rural areas.
Medical colleges in India:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Calcutta Medical College, Kolkata
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- St Johns Medical College Bangalore
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
4. Computer & IT
This is a technical field where one needs to develop their analytical skills to excel in their area. There are various branches under computer science and information technology:
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- IT Project Manager
Pros of being a computer engineer:
- Can work only for five days in a week
- They are well paid with extra incentives.
- Good social life
- Many additional perks
Cons of being a computer engineer:
- Long and tiring working hours
- Might demand to stay away from home
Today, the most sought career is MBA(Masters of Business Administration) and of the top paid, especially when you are graduated from top universities. There are numerous career options in management. They are listed below:
- Accounting Management
- Biotech Management
- Business Management
- Cooperative Management
- Dairy Technology and Management
- Event Management
- Export Management
- Financial Management
- Foreign Trade
- Hotel Management
- Hospital Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Management
- Modern Office Management
- Personnel Management
- Retail Management
- Rural Management
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Tea Management
- Textile Management
Top management colleges in India are:
- IIM Ahmedabad: Indian Institute of Management
- IIM Calcutta: Indian Institute of Management
- IIM Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai (SPJIMR)
- IIM Lucknow: Indian Institute of Management
- XLRI Jamshedpur: Xavier School of Management
- IIM Indore: Indian Institute of Management
- ISB Hyderabad: Indian School of Business
- IIT Delhi: Department of Management Studies New Delhi
- FMS New Delhi Faculty of Management Studies
This is the right time to choose animation as a profession as the media and entertainment industry needs professionals. This field again has various streams. They are listed below:
- Digital advertising
- Online media
- Print media
You can make a career in animation as:
- Game designer
- Graphic designer
- Graphic Production artist
- Visual effects (VFX) artist
Top animation colleges in India are:
- VIT University
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
- Amity University
- Frameboxx Animation and Visual Effects
- PA Inamdar College of Visual Effects, Design, and Art
- IIFA Multimedia
- MIT Institute of Design, MIT Art, Design and Technology University 7.
This field is more suitable for creative, expressive extroverts. Mass Communication is a new and upcoming field. it’s quickly gaining popularity
- Disc Jockey
- Public Relations
- Publishing and Printing
- Radio Jockeying
- Video Jockeying
- Video Editing
Top Indian colleges for mass communication:
- Indian Institute of mass communication, new Delhi
- Chandigarh university- Chandigarh
- Xavier Institute of communications- Mumbai
- Lovely Professional University- Jalandhar
- NIMS University- Jaipur
-Law as a “profession has a high demand. Academic excellence doesn’t count in this profession. One must be thorough with the concepts.
The specializations of the field are:
- Civil Law
- Criminal Law
- Corporate Law
- Taxation Law
- Labor Law
- International Law
- Family Law
- Constitutional Law
- Administration Law
- Patent Law etc.
Pros of a lawyer:
- Opportunity to work on a variety of legal issues
- Can have perks and respect from clients.
- Job security
- interesting and exciting job as one will never get bored
- Might affect social life while arguing cases.
- Busy life
- Long working hours with tight deadlines
- Very competitive for senior lawyers
Law Schools / Institutes in India
- NLSIU, Bangalore
- NALSAR, Hyderabad
- NLIU, Bhopal
- NUJS, Kolkata
- NLU, Jodhpur
- HNLU, Raipur
- GNLU, Gandhinagar
- Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi
- Symbiosis Society’s Law College, Pune
- ILS Law College, Pune
- Government Law College, Mumbai
It is a little challenging but a scoring subject. It has various job profiles that are listed below:
- Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Company Secretary
- Loans executive
- Human Resource manager
- Certified Financial Planner
- Venture capitalist
- Agriculture Economics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Stock Broking
This stream involves analytical skills. This includes streams like:
- Political Science
- Agricultural Journalist
- Career in NGO
- Development Program Officer
- Industrial Relation Officer
- Liberal Arts
- Research Assistant
- Social Worker
- Armed forces
It’s an essential job in society. It needs a passion for serving the country. There’s no place for selfishness. It demands leadership qualities. It requires a fighting spirit and courage to accept challenges.
- Highly respected and disciplined career
- Excellent perks not only in terms of pay but other benefits like subsidized accommodation, medical benefits and education for children
- Job is thrilling and adventurous, and there is hardly any scope for monotony.
- You have to stay away from your family for long periods
- Though the situation is secured, there’s a high risk for life.
- You have to keep on traveling from one place to another.
If you think you can be a service provider, as a professional and wants to get paid off for the work delivered by you. visit our services dashboard wherein you can find people looking for the services to get delivered by an expert.
Or you can create your profile At- jobs.1800finder.com