ARTICLE ON WEB DESIGN
Web designing contains various skills and disciplines in developing and maintaining websites. It describes the design process of the front-end, which is the client-side design of a website, which includes writing markup. A web designer must be thorough with the usage and creating profit and also have to keep up with the web accessibility guidelines.
Web designing contains different areas like:
- interface design
- search engine optimization
- Proprietary software
- User experience design web designing involves the usage of different tools, depending on the production process. The designing tools are updated with time to keep up with the new standards of the developing software. However, the principles behind these tools always remain the same. The 21st century marked the beginning of more integration of the web with people’s lives. Since then, the technology of the internet started expanding, and significant changes occurred in the way people access the web, therefore resulting in the shift in the web designing process.
The skills and techniques required to design a web page are:
- Marketing design
- Communication design
- User experience design
- Interactive design
- Page layout
- Motion graphics
- Quality of code
- Basic rules of visual design
- Color principles
The content of the website is usually generated in two ways:
- Static websites:
A static website is based on storing a unique file for every page. The same content is returned whenever that page is requested. This is created during the website design. Static websites are usually monitored manually. Few sites are automated, though, like the dynamic websites whose results are stored on a long-term basis as completed pages.
- Dynamic websites:A dynamic website is generated on the server-side. They extract their
content from various back-end databases. It can be operated by itself, or with the help of third-party software. The access to edit the pages is only given to the administrators and certain registered users. However, in certain cases, anonymous users can edit web content but are very less frequent. For example, a website where an anonymous person can edit is Wikipedia.
In the creation of a website, there are two primary jogs involved:
- Web designer
- Web developer
They often work together on a website. The web designers work on the visual aspects, which include the page layout, font colors, typography, etc. They also must know markup languages like HTML, CSS, etc. Especially in smaller organizations, only one person takes care of the designing and programming of the entire web page, whereas large organizations may have two different people for designing and developing of their web page.
Languages for web development:
- → This language describes how the website is presented and its layout
- → CSS and HTML work hand-in-hand to add layouts, colors, backgrounds, and many more.
- → This is the core technology that web developers use.
- → HTML is used to make the layout and structure of the website
- → This is a dynamic language.
- → One can design a beautiful website using less code
- → It creates the starting point for the website
- → JAVA is one of the most familiar and popular programming languages.
- → Website content, games, and many other mobile apps can be developed using JAVA.
- → It is a portable language. i.e., it can be run on multiple platforms.
- → This is used to add interactive elements to the websites.
- → It helps in user engagement.
- → Python” is one easiest language to work with.
- → It can create a basic framework for any website.
- → This uses simple and straightforward syntax. Therefore it is easy to use and explain to the users.
- → Examples: Pinterest, Instagram.
- → It is a database query language used when the website is working with large amounts of data.
- → It helps is gathering data from different databases and use it to target the audience.
- → This language is not used alone. It is paired with others.
- → This is often used on app development and data-heavy websites.
- → This is an opensource language.
- → It can be easily modified depending on the requirement of the website.
- → Examples: WordPress, Facebook
- → It basically a framework that can be used to develop a wide range of networks.
- → It can work with several languages like C#, VB.NET, C++, F#.
- → It has a huge collection of predefined class libraries.
- → It is a typescript based platform.
- → It is the front end and the open-source platform.
- → It is easy to use and helps in building the platform
- It builds interactive websites with less code.
- It performs ajax animation, interaction, and DOM Manipulation.
- It is a front end framework.
- It is HTML5 based.
- It is a responsive framework that is used to build responsive websites faster.
- It is a CSS Preprocessor.
- Sass is used to writing CSS, dynamic CSS.
- It uses variable, function, nesting, and then compiles sass to CSS.
- UI Testing
- It tests the User Interface.
- It is used to test the user interface on Touch and Touch devices, Cross Browser issues, W3C validation, and Device testing.